Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Kitchen Remodel

Before
After
 

Two Tone with a Subtle Hint of Green


Bead Board Accent









 




Sink Pic as Requested
With Puppy for Cuteness
 
 



 
 
  So in case you have not picked up on it already I will establish it now. I am crazy! Not boil a bunny crazy, more quirky Phoebe Buffay crazy.
   I can not handle builder grade oak cabinets, linoleum or formica counters in any house I live in. I have to rip them out as soon as possible. In the 13 months we have lived in our house we have ridded the house of all things I can't handle.
   I am in love with solid surface counters. I love the integrated single large sink feature of them. I love the single sink because you can bathe puppies, babies or tiny elephants. Also they clean up so nice. Mine are cream and so pretty. A wonderful departure from the blue grey formica counters they replaced that did not go with anything. I had an amazing local guy Brian with Custom Solid Surface counters do them. I try to go local when possible as I feel the customer service is better and I like to keep the money in our community.
   For the builder grade oak cabinets I did not want to deal with the downtime of ripping them out and the bases were in good condition. I also did not want to risk damaging the tile floors the previous owner put in. I painted our cabinets in our last house and I would rather give birth than ever do that again. Also I wanted new, heavier, better quality doors. I got many quotes and went with a local company Pro refinish. I had the cabinets refaced with new, solid wood shaker doors and drawer fronts with a two tone painted finish. I chose a light green color for the island for a little pop of color. The light cabinet colors brighten up our cozy kitchen. We had new crown molding and bead board installed on the end panels for a custom look. Soft close hinges and new pulls added the final touches of this complete transformation.
   Total down time was less than a week. It was one day for the counters and 3 days for the cabinets. And to top it off I am in love and the kitchen makes me smile. I finished it off with bits of southern love.

No comments:

Post a Comment